Pet play is a kink which not many people can fully understand or rather they can’t understand why people would prefer to dress up as animals. It is weird for sure, but it’s important to understand that people who engage in this kink must be getting some kind of satisfaction out of it to continue engaging in it. To determine what kind of pleasure they get as a result of it lets analyze the various dimensions of this kink.
What Is Pet Play?
Pet play is a BDSM kink where people act like an animal. The submissive is generally the animal while the dominant one is called a Trainer or Owner. There are plenty of animals that people choose to roleplay as. Puppies are the most common, but ponies, kittens, and pigs are also very commonly played as. Animals like cows, seals, etc. are less commonly seen in the pet play scenario. It must be said here that people don’t engage in pet play because they want to have sex with these animals themselves. That’s not the case at all. Instead, people find the character traits commonly associated with the animals to be fun. This is what they emulate.
People choose the kind of animal they want according to their instincts or the kind of animal they identify with. If submissives feel loyal then they mostly go for dogs, if they enjoy being led around then they could try being a pony. Many times, it’s dominant in the relationship who assigns the sub an animal or molds him into one. For example- if someone is more geared towards being a dog then the dominant might tell him to be a pony instead.
How Is Pet Play Carried Out?
- The main thing which happens is that verbal communication is restricted. Only certain words are allowed like Meow or Woof, basically animal sounds.
- These submissives aren’t allowed to use the toilet as well. They have to use the litter box like other animals.
- There are many training exercises which are carried out. Like playing tricks with puppies, walking with leashes or pulling a cart for ponies. Apart from toys, submissives also play with the kind of toys which their animal persona likes.
- The submissives aren’t allowed on any room furniture too. Just like many people don’t allow their dogs on their beds or sofa.
- Hands or silverware aren’t used to eat and instead, the submissives use their mouth to directly eat from the bowl or plate. The people also have to beg or whine if they want food or attention.
Importance Of Safety
Safety is really important in the pet play scene. Factors like the following should be kept in mind:
- Consent: If the submissive doesn’t give his consent to the dominant then whatever the dominant does id abuse. So trust and consent to form the basis of any pet play relationship. Rules are set before and everyone who engages in the play adheres to them.
- Food: When the scene is being enacted, the pups will eat dog food, the kittens will eat catnip, etc. But it’s never advised to do so after the scene has ended since humans need different kinds of nutrition than animals. This means that there is a line when it comes to one’s safety and this shouldn’t be crossed.
Why Do People Engage In Pet Play:
- It’s Fun: One of the major reasons people love doing this is because it’s fun. Moreover, it allows the submissive to let go of their responsibilities and be dependant on their Owner. After all, non-human pets are fully dependant on their owners for everything starting from food to grooming and more. This allows the pet to have fun and play around.
- Degradation Kink: Being on all fours with a collar and chain around the neck is derogatory, but many people find this humiliation a turn on. What furthers this humiliation is the fact that the submissives can’t take any decision of their own. They have no freedom. People engaging in pet play don’t get to choose what they wear, what they eat when they eat etc. But even in this degradation there is consent. Submissives give consent to their owners to do all these things to them. (If there’s no consent then it’s abuse).
- Psychological Release: It provides emotional and psychological release to the submissives. They don’t have to follow societal rules or other things that restrict humans from embracing their animal side. It’s a great de-stressing activity for many especially after coming home after routine work.
- Sexual Pleasure: As said before, the people who engage in pet play don’t feel sexual attraction towards the animals they emulate. They copy only the associate and surface-level characteristics of the animal. But that being said, it’s a human in tight leather and face mask whose kink is pet play so sexual pleasure often becomes the major factor. Not everyone who engages in pet play expects it to end in a sexual act but it is the primary objective for many.
- Expressing Selfhood: This might seem contradictory to the humiliation aspect of pet play. But expressing one’s selfhood goes hand in hand with the humiliation kink. People who are dissatisfied with their current state of life, people who feel trapped in a life, with urges no one will take them seriously with may find their self-expression in pet play. On the other hand, in a conservative area, having this kind of kinks can get people admitted to a mental hospital. But overall, engaging in pet play is a way for them to express themselves and assert their identity.
- Being In A Community: These people feel alone because they can’t express who they are. Pet play allows them to express themselves, but it also allows them to meet like-minded people. Humans are social beings and being in a community with friends to talk to helps us ground ourselves. The same goes for people with this kink. Being in a community where one feels loved and accepted help in maintaining good psychosocial and emotional health.
So overall, pet play is carried out for a variety of reasons which ranges from fulfilling the emotional need to seeking sexual release. People who engage in pet play may be weird by societal standards, but they aren’t freaks or mentally deranged. They are functioning members of society who need this pet play to express themselves and be part of a community that accepts them. For more information on subject at loveplugs.co, you may visit them, and while on it, you can browse their collections and maybe order a tail or two.